Sale on Selected Dates for 2024 – Save up to $673 per person – Or Call 1800 994 620 to find out what is on sale!
Blue Derby is a world class mountain bike trail located right here in Tasmania. What was once a mining town with the richest tin mine in the world, now Derby is one of the world’s most stunning mountain bike trails that spans for 125km. The many trails have been built to suit all skill levels from beginners to experienced thrill seekers. Visit during April to June and September to November for best riding conditions.
Only a short 1 hour and 30minutes drive from Launceston Airport, travelling by car to Blue Derby Trails will allow you to explore the wilderness and take in the breathtaking views along the way. Blue Derby is not only just a thrill seeker or a bike rider holiday but also has something for everyone whether you’re looking for experience for the whole family, great eats, explore gorgeous scenery or just looking for a place to relax and wind down.
Things to do in Blue Derby:
- Scenic floating sauna at Lake Derby – Soak up the wood-fired heat therapy amongst nature to help you to relax, wind down and restore energy from all the thrill seeking adventures.
- Fishing – Join the fishing charters to explore and fish the pristine Tasmanian waters.
- The Jansz Vineyard – Located in the Tamar valley, enjoy the world-class wines and delicious food amongst the beautiful scenery.
- The little rivers brewing company – Pop in to try out the unique selection of beers made from all locally sourced natural ingredients.
- St Columba falls – Tasmania’s tallest single drop falls. Only a short 30-minute trek through the stunning rainforest suitable for all skill levels.
- Bridestowe lavender farm – Explore the farm and trek stunning photos in the luscious lavender fields.
- Quad bike tours
- St Helens – Tasmania’s second largest fishing port. Enjoy amazing seafood and visit local eateries and shops are a must.