The BIG 3 Tasmania – Hobart to Launceston BIG3Hbt
The BIG 3 Tasmania – Hobart to Launceston
BIG 3 TASMANIA – HOBART TO LAUNCESTON
See the BIG 3 highlights of Tasmania in just 3 days!
During 3 action-packed days, our BIG 3 Tasmania tour explores some of our Island’s most scenic and world-renowned locations. Visit the world heritage Port Arthur Historic Site and enjoy the action of a Tasmanian Devil feeding. Visit local historic towns, taste delicious local products and enjoy some fascinating stories along the way. We walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout on the East Coast, for some of the world’s best coastal scenery. Keep your eyes open and your footsteps light to encounter our local animals in the wild. Finally, we finish our trip in Launceston after a huge day out at Cradle Mountain, an area of immense grandeur with amazing walks and scenery. Enjoy the diverse scenery, abundant wildlife and huge ACTIVE and fun days exploring the BIG 3 Tasmania with our amazing guides.
A quick snapshot of BIG 3 Tasmania (Hobart to Launceston):
Day 1: Starts Hobart, Finishes Hobart (Port Arthur & Tassie Devils) Stay Hobart.
Day 2: Starts Hobart, Finishes Launceston (Hobart to Launceston via Wineglass Bay) Stay Launceston.
Day 3: Starts Launceston, Finishes Launceston (Cradle Mountain & Dove Lake) Stay Launceston.
Stay at your choice of accommodation, which you book yourself – each day get picked up and return to your accommodation.
• Visit Port Arthur Historic Site (2.5 hours)
• Explore the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo
• Experience the ferocious action of a Tasmanian Devil feeding!
• Photograph spectacular views from the Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade 2km)
• See the Tasman National Park highlights – Devils Kitchen & Tasman Arch
• Enjoy the stories from Pirates Bay Lookout, Eaglehawk Neck & The “Dogline”
• Visit historic Richmond Village
• Enjoy the spectacular view at a local Hobart City lookout
• Explore Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
• Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk 45 mins)
• Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
• Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park – Honeymoon Bay & Sleepy Bay
• Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk (easy 20 mins)
• Enjoy the local seafood and views at Devil’s Corner Winery
• Explore Cradle Mountain National Park & World Heritage Area (4-5 hours)
• Stand on the shore of the spectacular setting of Dove Lake
• Enjoy some short introductory walks and interpretation to the area
• Walk along the “Rainforest City” & “Pencil Pine Falls” tracks
• Take on the Dove Lake circuit walk (easy grade 2-3 hours)
• Or, take on the harder walk to the lofty views of Marion’s Lookout (medium grade 2-3 hours)
• Explore the historic Weindorfers Chalet
• Walk amongst the ancient King Billy Pines on Weindorfers Forest Walk
• Visit Sheffield the ‘Town of Murals’ with over 30 murals painted across the town showing the history of the area
• Treat yourself at Van Dieman’s Land Ice Creamery and Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm